Pioneer Park is a multi-award winning innovative all abilities play space which gives children the opportunity to play on equipment that is both fun and challenging. The fully fenced playground is not only inclusive, it is 'all abilities', which means all play elements in the park encourage children of all levels of abilities to engage with one another in play and discovery.
- Pioneer play cottage - complete with play kitchen, veranda, ramp access, musical thongaphone and adjustable speakerphone. It also has a xylophone, sand play tables and small climbing net. Out front, is an artificial garden with mailbox and spinning flowers.
- Hill hut - ramp access to the top of the hill with lookout and binoculars. Many different slides (dual slide, roller slide) and rope climbing area. There is a flower meadow mural around the base of the hut.
- Spinning carousel - with 3 harness seats
- Swings - basket swing and traditional swing
- Flying fox - with high backed seat
- Sea saw - for multiple users
- Living sensory garden – planted in raised garden beds
- Grassy open spaces - to kick a ball around
- Language play tiles and interactive play activity signage throughout
- Fully fenced play space (including picnic facilities, kickabout area and public amenities)
- Plenty of shade - with a large shade sail, picnic shelters and mature trees.
- Wide pathways and rubber softfall underneath play elements – allowing wheelchair and pram access throughout.
- Accessible public amenities
- Barbecues, picnic tables, seating and drinking fountain.
- Two off-street car parks with disabled parking.
Pioneer Park is also home to the Love Animals Story Seat by Dr. Bronwyn Bancroft, proud Bundjalung Woman and artist.
Caloundra Street, Landsborough