This 4 hectare district park can be accessed from Mari Street and Okinja Road. It provides great facilities, including barbecues, picnic tables and shelters as well as a fully fenced playground. Enjoy the the views of the magnificent swan sculptures and the local waterway.
Nelson Park at Alexandra Headland has a network of shaded pathways surrounding the lake, which is teaming with wildlife. The playground is fully fenced and has many accessible play opportunities.
- Fort structure with a network of wheelchair accessible ramps weaving through the playground. It has many interactive play panels, musical equipment, slides, hammock, swings and talk tubes.
- Swings – basket swing and traditional swings
- Sand play table
- Small boat and play hut
- Fully fenced play space (including picnic facilities)
- Plenty of shade – with large shade sails, picnic shelters and mature trees.
- Pathways and rubber softfall underneath some of the play elements – allowing wheelchair and pram access.
- Barbecues, picnic tables, seating and drinking fountain
- Parking and disabled parking.
- Public amenities (directly outside the playground)
- Wetland and lake.
between Mari Street and Okinja Road, Alexandra Headland