- Last updated:
- 05 Jun 2020
The Mooloolah Recreation Reserve Master Plan 2013-2028 was adopted at council's Ordinary Meeting on 22 August 2013.
The purpose of the Mooloolah Recreation Reserve Master Plan is to provide a long term vision for the site (2013-2028). The Plan identifies what the site should look like and how it should function into the future.
Key recommendations of the Master Plan are:
- improve the entry to the site by increasing access and signage
- improve drainage
- improve pedestrian access with walking trails
- provide picnic shelters, including one large shelter for group gatherings
- upgrade the toilet block, including pathways and lighting
- provide formal car parking
- install bollards on Mooloolah Recreation Reserve to control vehicle access on open grassed areas
- manage and protect nearby waterways
- improve grassed areas of pony club for safety and greater use of grounds
- install equipment such as storage sheds and lighting to support Mooloolah Pony Club operations
- investigate shared use opportunities for Mooloolah Pony Club clubhouse and grounds
- extend gravel road and improve drainage to provide overflow car parking on Mooloolah Pony Club grounds.
View the report:
Where to from here
The adoption of the Mooloolah Recreation Reserve Master Plan will provide a sound base for council and the community to lobby the state and federal governments for funding assistance to improve the site.
The Mooloolah Recreation Reserve is located on Way Street, Mooloolah. The scope of the Master Plan includes the Mooloolah Recreation Reserve and the Mooloolah Pony Club, which is directly east of the reserve.
The guiding principles of the Master Plan are:
- engage the community
- keep the character of the site including cultural and historical values
- protect and enhance the environmental values including water quality of creeks and streams
- maximise community and recreation activities
- encourage equal access
- design for future use and growth.
For more information contact council's Sport and Recreation Officer on (07) 5441 8302