Sunshine Coast Council’s vision is to be a region that is healthy, smart and creative. This vision acknowledges that creativity broadens our perspective, helps us to explore ideas, find solutions and build resilience.
In 2018, council endorsed the region’s first ever arts plan, setting out goals, strategies, and actions to grow and strengthen the local arts sector. 5 years on, our revised Sunshine Coast Creative Arts Plan 2023-2038 reflects the growth and maturation of the arts sector since the inception of the original plan. Importantly, it also acknowledges the unique opportunities presented in our immediate future and provides a clear framework of goals and commitments that will drive our ongoing progress.
The plan articulates council’s pivotal role in developing and supporting an environment in which the creative arts can flourish. While council leads the delivery of the plan, it is owned by everyone committed to achieving its vision and is reliant on collaboration between council, all levels of government, the arts sector, the community, and investors.
The vision of the plan is:
The Sunshine Coast is alive with arts, culture and creativity.
It provides a roadmap to guide council’s future priorities, programs and investment in the arts. The plan sets out five high-level goals and a set of focus areas with actions to meet these goals.
- Empower First Nations - First Nations creativity and contemporary cultural expression is celebrated, emboldened and self-determined
- Build capacity - the region's creatives, artists and sector are professional, skilled and connected
- Strengthen engagement - arts audiences grow through genuine participation and a diverse range of meaningful and tailored experiences
- Boost infrastructure - dynamic places and innovative approaches enable artists and audiences to connect, create and share
- Cultivate identity - our reputation as a creative region attracts attention, talent and investment.
View the plan
View the Sunshine Coast Creative Arts Plan 2023-2038 (PDF, 2.65MB).
- Audit and opportunities report 2023 (PDF, 9.87MB)
- Audit and opportunities appendices 2023 (PDF, 3.89MB)
- Sunshine Coast arts and culture snapshot (PDF, 7.08MB)
- Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018–2038 (PDF, 3.8 MB)
- Regional arts infrastructure framework summary report (PDF, 4.23MB)
- Interpretive centre and collection store feasibility report 2019 (PDF, 2.98MB)
- Sunshine Coast Libraries Network Plan 2019-41 (PDF, 1.67MB).
For more information, email [email protected].