The Sippy Downs parks master plan was adopted at council's Ordinary Meeting in September 2018. The plan prescribes how the park network will function in the future and will enable council to seek funding and deliver the plan in a number of stages.
The Sippy Downs parks master plan identifies opportunities and priorities for future upgrades and asset renewal within the park network. The plan will guide the development and management of parks and open space areas at Sippy Downs. The plan was developed in consultation with the local community to ensure that future improvements are guided by their long term vision for the park network. The landscape plan will be delivered in stages based on identified priorities subject to future funding, and through the asset renewal process. The adoption of the plan provides the basis to seek further funding to support the development and renewal of park infrastructure at Sippy Downs.
Master plan development phases
Phase 1 – park user survey
In October 2016, the community was invited to undertake a park user survey (PDF, 3106KB).
Phase 2 – review of draft master plan
In February – March 2018, the community was invited to review and provide feedback on the draft master plan.
A summary of the feedback and responses to the online survey is contained in the master plan review summary report (PDF, 1263KB).
Phase 3 – draft master plan development and endorsement (September 2018)
The Sippy Downs parks master plan was developed based on outcomes of the community review and park network analysis.
Council endorsed the final plan at the Ordinary Meeting in September 2018.
Phase 4 – master plan implementation (from September 2018)
The final master plan will be implemented through council programs over future years, subject to funding.
Plan outcomes that are currently funded and will be delivered over the next two years include:
- Albany Lakes park – Claymore Road
- Albany Lakes park footpath connections - linking Albany Street and Fitzwilliam Drive pedestrian path.
- Albany Lakes park – Albany Street district park and play space
- Albany Lakes park and play space - design of Albany Street district play and recreation area.
- Eaton Park
- multi-purpose basketball half-court, and sports goals
- BBQ replacements
- kick and throw turf improvements
- car parking and landscaping
- playground drainage improvements
- park signs and entry landscaping
- park tree planting.
- Windmill park
- BBQ replacements
- shelter replacement
- basketball half-court upgrade.
- Sippy Downs parks master plan - part A (PDF, 4129KB)
- Sippy Downs parks master plan - part B (PDF, 9464KB)
- Sippy Downs parks master plan - part C (PDF, 13213KB)
- Master plan review survey summary report 2018 (PDF, 1263KB)
- Park user survey summary report 2016 (PDF, 3106KB)
- Artists impression Albany Lakes park (district park) – Albany Street (PDF, 3062KB)
- Artists impression Albany Lakes park (district park) – Claymore Road (PDF, 3155KB)
- Artists impression Eaton park, Fitzwilliam Drive (PDF, 1955KB)
- Artists impression Chancellor Village Boulevard park, Chancellor Village Boulevard (PDF, 1717KB)
- Albany Lakes park playground stage 2 - landscape sketch (PDF, 11.51MB).
For more information, please contact council.