- Last updated:
- 21 Sep 2021
Council adopted an update of the Sunshine Coast Skate and BMX Plan 2011 - 2021 at its Ordinary Meeting on 17 August 2017.
The Sunshine Coast Skate and BMX Plan guides the provision, development and management of the region’s skate and BMX network. The plan will assist council in providing active and healthy opportunities to the Sunshine Coast community until 2021.
It is important that council plans to meet current and future community needs. Council must also ensure skate and BMX resources are well managed for future generations.
The plan focuses on publically accessible skate and BMX facilities across the region, including both concrete skate parks and BMX dirt parks.
The plan provides
- a 10 year maintenance plan for skate parks and BMX facilities within the region
- detailed direction to council with respect to skate park and BMX facility development for existing facilities
- recommendations for skate and BMX facility sites for development
- assurance future facilities are appropriately located, developed and managed
- assurance skate and BMX facilities offer different recreational experiences.
For more information contact council.