- Last updated:
- 06 Nov 2020
This is one of many projects council is delivering in-line with the Environment and Liveability Strategy, which provides long-term direction to guide growth and shape the future of our healthy, smart and creative region.
The draft master plan will guide the development of formal and informal sport, leisure and recreation activities, catering for current and future growth and trends in sport and recreation activities. Development will be staged in-line with budget availability.
This facility will encourage the community to be involved in active sports, outdoor recreation, healthy living and community events.
The draft plan includes:
- formal and informal sport
- turf and hard court playing surfaces
- new recreation and event spaces
- youth play spaces
- running, walking, nature and cycling trails
Sport and recreation facilities play an important role in our local community. Master planning helps to provide infrastructure which reflects community need and avoids ad hoc development over time.
The draft Honey Farm Road Sport and Recreation Precinct Master Plan considers:
- facilities and uses within the site
- the current character and functionality of the landscape
- the needs across various sport and recreation uses
- the needs of the community and surrounding population
- trends, issues and priorities
- car parking and traffic movement requirements
- relevant council endorsed plans and strategies
- relevant planning constraints and opportunities
Council actively engaged with the community from 24 June to 24 July on the draft Honey Farm Road Sport and Recreation Precinct Master Plan. Feedback received is being used to guide the final design. A final master plan will be presented to council later this year for endorsement.
The 75 hectare site was purchased by council in 2011 to provide long term sport and recreation opportunities in the southern end of our region.
The site is located north of Caloundra Road opposite the Sunshine Coast Turf Club. It has frontages to Honey Farm and Sattler Roads.
The project locality plan provides an overview of the area.
For more information, please contact council’s project officer at LandscapeDesignandPlanning@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au or on (07) 5475 7272