At its Ordinary Meeting on 10 June 2010, council endorsed the Maleny community precinct final master plan (PDF, 4MB).
The Maleny community precinct (MCP) will be a place for the whole community to enjoy.
A vision was created to provide facilities for the community on 126 hectares of land. The former agricultural land was divided into the following sub-precincts:
- environmental education and landcare
- golf course
- sport and recreation
- community facility including aquatic centre
- ecological parkland
- environmental protection areas including walkways
- residential subdivision.
Achievements to date
- access road and car park completed November 2012
- house repairs completed in December 2013
- amenities facility completed June 2015
- community lease awarded to the Friends of Pattemore House in 2015.
Environmental education and landcare
A new lease area acquired by Barung Landcare in the precinct.
Maleny Golf Club completed their 18 hole golf course which incorporates a number of environmental and heritage values.
Sport and recreation
The Maleny District Sport and Recreation Club Inc. (MDSRC) have completed a range of projects including:
- construction of the Beersheba museum
- Maleny bridge club
- improved car parking opportunities.
Community facility including aquatic centre
Council resolved to support the proposed hydrotherapy and gymnasium; built, funded and managed by the community - November 2018.
For more information, visit community pools.
- establishment of 3 kilometres of pathways.
- pipeline and irrigation system completed construction in 2014.
Environmental protection areas including walkways
- planting occurred in the riparian areas along Obi Obi Creek in 2013, completed December 2014
- southern wetland crossing completed August 2013
- stage 1 of trail – Fairview to Bails was completed early in 2014
- Riverside centre boardwalk completed in early 2015 and Reynolds boardwalk completed in May 2015
- the Maleny trail from the Riverside boardwalk through the precinct to Fairview was officially opened in July 2015
- access to Gardners Falls will be staged at a later date.
For more information, please contact council.