- Last updated:
- 21 Apr 2020
At its Ordinary Meeting on 10 June 2010, council endorsed the Maleny Community Precinct Final Master Plan[PDF 4MB].
The Maleny Community Precinct (MCP) will be a place for the whole community to enjoy.
A vision was created to provide facilities for the community on 126 hectares of land. The former agricultural land was divided into the following sub-precincts:
- environmental education and landcare
- golf course
- sport and recreation
- community facility including aquatic centre
- ecological parkland
- environmental protection areas including walkways
- residential subdivision.
Achievements to date
- Access road and car park completed November 2012
- House repairs completed in December 2013
- Amenities facility completed June 2015
- Community Lease awarded to the Friends of Pattemore House in 2015.
Environmental education and landcare
- A new lease area acquired by Barung Landcare in the precinct (yet to be developed).
- Maleny Golf Club are nearing completion of their 18 hole golf course which incorporates a number of environmental and heritage values.
Sport and recreation
- The Maleny District Sport and Recreation Club Inc. (MDSRC) have completed a range of projects including;
- the construction of the Beersheba Museum
- Maleny Bridge Club and
- improved car parking opportunities.
Community facility including aquatic centre
- Council resolved to support the proposed hydrotherapy and gymnasium; built, funded and managed by the community - Nov 2018
- Establishment of three kilometres of pathways
- Pipeline and irrigation system completed construction in 2014.
Environmental protection areas including walkways
- Planting occurred in the riparian areas along Obi Obi Creek in 2013, completed December 2014.
- Southern Wetland Crossing completed August 2013.
- Stage 1 of Trail – Fairview to Bails was completed early in 2014.
- Riverside Centre Boardwalk completed in early 2015 and Reynolds Boardwalk completed in May 2015.
- The Maleny Trail from the Riverside Boardwalk through the precinct to Fairview was officially opened in July 2015.
- Access to Gardners Falls will be staged at a later date.
For more information, please contact council - refer to the Maleny Community Precinct Project Director.