- Last updated:
- 30 Sep 2018
The Dicky Beach Precinct Plan was developed in response to the partial removal of the SS Dicky wreck in 2015. The purpose of the plan is to define the long term vision for the area and help identify the future location of interpretive displays that acknowledge and preserve the wreck's heritage values and significance as a cultural and iconic landmark.
Key design outcomes
- define the long term vision for the foreshore
- develop the precinct's identity to support and distinguish this important local centre
- maximise the recreation, social, cultural and economic opportunities within the Dicky Beach precinct
- create a safe and usable precinct area that is high quality, comfortable, safe, accessible and inviting
- provide suitable outdoor interpretive initiatives that reference the SS Dicky wreck
- improve the connectivity, open space, recreation and play, social gatherings and arrival experience.
View the Dicky Beach Precinct Plan
Where to from here
The Dicky Beach Precinct Plan presents a 20 year plus vision with a number of key outcomes that can be delivered through a staged implementation process over the short, medium and long term. The staged implementation of the precinct plan will occur over a number of years subject to available funding.
The 2016/17 funding allocation will be used for detailed design and construction documentation. This will enable council to seek grant funding from various sources and deliver the plan in consolidated stages and condensed time frames.
Updates on the implementation of the precinct plan will be made available on council's website.
For more information, please contact council's customer service centre.