The purpose of the Maroochydore Junior Rugby League Club - Facility Development plan is to provide a long term vision for the Wises Road site. The plan outlines priority actions over the next 20 years.
Key recommendations of the plan include:
- improved standard of playing surfaces and drainage - ongoing
- upgrades to change rooms and toilets - implemented
- introduction of tiered, covered seating - implemented
- improved car parking and access - implemented.
View the Maroochydore Junior Rugby League Club - Facility Development Plan 2014 (PDF, 2703KB).
Where to from here
Council cannot solely finance recommendations from the Maroochydore Junior Rugby League - Facility Development Plan 2014. The adoption of the plan will provide a sound base to lobby state and federal governments for funding assistance. Council will seek this assistance in partnership with relevant groups and the community.
The Maroochydore Junior Rugby League - Facility Development Plan 2014 considers:
- arrangements and uses of the site
- needs across various sports and recreation uses
- needs of the community and surrounding population
- sport and recreation trends, issues and priorities
- traffic movement/management needs
- relevant council plans and strategies
- planning constraints and opportunities.
The Maroochydore Junior Rugby League Club site is located on approximately 6 hectares of sport and recreation land.
The site is a district sporting complex, which services some regional needs. This complex provides open space for formal and informal recreation to promote health and wellbeing.
Clubs located at the site include:
- Maroochydore Junior Rugby League (MJRL)
- Maroochydore Coolum Rugby League (MCRL)
- Maroochydore Oztag
- Maroochydore Touch.
For more information, contact council.