The local community’s ideas and aspirations for Cribb Street, Landsborough are becoming a reality with the construction of stage 1 of Cribb Street upgrade complete, and a second stage planned for construction in early 2024.
The project is part of the multi-stage Landsborough placemaking master plan which was designed over the past two years in collaboration with the community. The master plan was endorsed by council in January 2020.
Stage 2 concept plan (PDF, 199KB) is available to view. Proposed works include:
- multiuse covered shelters
- fenced playground area
- additional shade trees
- lawn area for community events
- improved pathway connections.
Stage 1 plan (PDF, 1458KB) is available to view. completed works include:
- footpath widening and new pavement areas - existing paved footpath edging will be renewed, with most existing pavers retained
- additional landscaping, including new street trees and furniture at key areas
- raised pedestrian crossings with new lighting
- parking reconfiguration - parking bays will be changed from parallel to 90-degree parking on the park side of Cribb Street
- interpretive signage and public artwork
- overhead power cable bundling.
Where to from here
Construction is planned for early 2024, with updates to be provided as the project progresses.
Construction will aim to minimise inconvenience to residence and businesses.
For information about the project, email [email protected].
To keep up to date on the project as it progresses, you can subscribe to receive project news and updates via email.