- Last updated:
- 26 Oct 2021
Council is planning a streetscape upgrade to Cribb St, Landsborough.
The local community’s ideas and aspirations for Cribb Street Landsborough are becoming a reality with Stage 1 now under construction on the $3.3million Cribb Street Streetscape Upgrade.
The project is part of the multi-stage Landsborough Placemaking Master Plan which was designed over the past two years in collaboration with the community. The master plan was endorsed by council in January 2020.
Stage 1 plan is available to view. Works include:
- footpath widening and new pavement areas - existing paved footpath edging will be renewed, with most existing pavers retained
- additional landscaping, including new street trees and furniture at key areas
- raised pedestrian crossings with new lighting
- parking reconfiguration - parking bays will be changed from parallel to 90-degree parking on the park side of Cribb Street
- interpretive signage and public artwork
- overhead power cable bundling
Where to from here
Stage 1 Construction is nearing completion (weather and site conditions permitting). To minimise inconvenience to residents and businesses, construction will be staged and separated into five zones, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D & 1E.
Construction will include road and kerb works, reconfigured car parks, garden areas, footpath and lighting works.
Construction hours will generally be Monday to Friday, from 7am–5pm. Occasionally some night and Saturday works will be required.
For safety reasons some temporary changes to parking and traffic conditions will apply during construction.
The project team is keeping Cribb Street businesses and residents informed of all works. See the construction notifications below for more detail.
The construction schedule for future zones will be communicated in advance of works commencing.
For information about the project email email@example.com.