Plumbing searches

You can obtain plumbing records, drainage or hydraulic plans with a property boundary and inspection certificates by completing a building, plumbing and development search application form.

When you request a plumbing records search, we search council's plumbing records.

There are three search types:

Plumbing as-constructed drainage plan (where available):

  • includes a copy of the existing plumbing drainage plans within the property boundary

Plumbing inspection certificate:

  • includes a copy of the existing inspection certificate from council's records.

Plumbing records:

  • include the date of each final permit inspection and outstanding notices
  • does not include drainage plans and compliance certificates
  • does not include non-compliant or unapproved plumbing works.

How to request a search

Council offers several ways to request a search.

You can lodge and pay online through MyCouncil. You will need to register to use this service. Once you have logged in:

  1. go to the Applications, searches and certificates tile
  2. select +Submit a new application, search or certificate
  3. go to Certificates and Searches for Property Information
  4. select Building Plumbing and Development
  5. select your preferred search type:
  • plumbing as-constructed drainage plan
  • plumbing inspection certificate
  • plumbing records search.

For help with MyCouncil:

Alternatively, you can submit the building, plumbing and development search application form and pay the applicable fee by email, in person or by post.

You can contact council's development services for more information.​