Project funding for not-for-profit community groups up to $15,000, and up to $30,000 for infrastructure projects.
Can your not-for-profit group make our community more active, vibrant, inclusive, resilient and creative?
Major grants support not-for-profit organisations to deliver one-off projects, events and activities with broad community benefit.
The community grants program, including major grants, was reviewed in 2021. A variety of updates, to reduce the program’s complexity have been implemented. Always check the guidelines for eligibility and priorities before applying.
Please note: if applying for community event funding, please apply under the category best aligned with your event’s purpose. If applying for a Christmas, New Year (December 31-January 1), Australia Day, ANZAC Day or Remembrance Day event please see council’s new Festive and Commemorative Events grants.
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
Community grants guidelines (PDF 289KB)
When is funding available?
The next major grant round opens on 17 July 2023 and closes on 28 August 2023.
When I will know if I have been successful?
6-8 weeks from closing date.
What funding is available?
- Up to $15,000 to fund one-off projects, events and activities (all categories)
- Up to $30,000 to fund infrastructure projects (in the community facilities category).
The table below outlines co-funding requirements:
|Amount requested from council||Minimum co-funding requirement|
|Up to $7,500||No requirement|
|$7,501 - $15,000||50% of total project costs from other sources|
|$15,001 to $30,000||75% of total project costs from other sources|
E.g. To be eligible for $30,000, the total cost of the project would be at least $120,000.
Note: up to 20% of the co-funding requirement can be volunteer hours, valued at no more than $43.30p/h.
How to apply
- Applications must be submitted online
- Applications must be submitted before starting the project
- Application forms will be available on the date that the round opens and will remain available until the round closes.
What else to consider when applying for funding
- Grant writing tips and project planning tools (including auspicing)
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources.
For any queries, please contact the grants team on (07) 5420 8616, or [email protected].
Office hours are 8.30am–4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Variations to already funded projects
If you require a project variation or an extension of your project dates, contact the grants team via [email protected] with the details of your issue.