The prescribed amount for Councillor Discretionary Funds for the 2023/24 financial year is $257,349, which equates to $23,395 for each Councillor. This amount has been budgeted for councillors to allocate for community purposes through the program.
Applications to the Councillor Discretionary Funding program are:
- subject to available funding
- submitted to the councillor/s for the area where the project will have the most benefit
- submitted to the Mayor if the project has broader benefits across the Sunshine Coast
Information on eligibility, priorities and assessment criteria
- Councillor Discretionary Funding Program Operational Guidelines (PDF, 144KB)
- Applications are open all year, but close for a few weeks at the end of each financial year for end of year processing.
What funding is available
- Funds remaining as at 31 October 2023 (PDF, 182KB)
- Cr Discretionary Funding Availability Notice 2023-24 (PDF, 134KB)
How to apply
- Discuss your project with your local councillor's support officer. (Not sure which division you're in? Find out on the Electoral Commission of Queensland website.)
- Applications must be submitted online. A link will be forwarded by the councillor's support officer.
- Applications must be submitted before starting the project.
What else to consider when applying for funding
- Grant writing tips and project planning tools (including auspicing)
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources.
For any queries please contact the Grants Team on (07) 5420 8616 or [email protected].
Office hours are 8.30 am - 4.30 pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Below are the Notices of Allocation for 2023/24
- Division 1 Cr Baberowski
- Division 2 Cr Landsberg
- Division 3 Cr Cox
- Division 4 Cr Natoli
- Division 5 Cr Johnston
- Division 6 Cr Dickson
- Division 7 Cr Hungerford
- Division 8 Cr O'Pray
- Division 9 Cr Suarez
- Division 10 Cr Law
- Mayor Jamieson
Below are the Notices of Allocation for 2022/23