- Last updated:
- 28 May 2020
Grants response to novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Council has announced a new grant, COVID-19 Community Response Grants, and has expanded Emergency Grants within the Community Grants Program.
Successful grant recipients from previous rounds who are experiencing difficulty in delivering their project in this current environment are advised to contact the Grants Team via email@example.com with the details of your issue so we can discuss options going forward. For example, you may wish to seek a project variation to extend your project dates.
Naturally, many community events have had to be cancelled or postponed. If your group has had to cancel a community event which has received council grant funding, and that money has already been spent in line with your project budget, you will still be able to acquit those funds without concern. But, if you have an underspend, or hadn’t started spending yet, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss whether a project variation request or a return of funds is your organisation’s best option.
Council’s website has lots of information on Community Support to help you through this challenging time, including a practical At Home in My Neighbourhood #CovidKindness resource hub – which will help you stay informed about the different supports available across governments and the community sector.
Council values engaged, resilient and inclusive communities that embrace diversity. The Major Grants Program supports not-for-profit organisations to deliver one-off projects, events and activities with broad community benefit. Applications must align to a specific grant category as detailed in the guidelines.
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
When is funding available?
- There are 2 rounds per year:
- Round 1 open 3 February 2020 and close 16 March 2020
- Round 2 open 13 July 2020 and close 24 August 2020
What funding is available?
- Up to $7,500 (all categories - no applicant contribution required).
- $7,501 to $15,000 (all categories - 50% applicant contribution to the project required).
- $15,001 to $30,000 (Community Facilities category for infrastructure projects only - 75% applicant contribution to the project required).
When will I know if I have been successful?
- 10 weeks from closing date.
How do I apply?
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Applications must be submitted before starting the project.
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant, auspicing
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources
- For any queries please contact the Community Connections Team on (07) 5420 8616 or email@example.com.