- Last updated:
- 07 Jul 2022
Book your spot in one of Council's free grant writing sessions now.
Can your not-for-profit group make our community more active, vibrant, inclusive, resilient and creative?
Major Grants support not-for-profit organisations to deliver one-off projects, events and activities with broad community benefit.
The Community Grants Program, including Major Grants, was reviewed in 2021. A variety of updates, to reduce the program’s complexity have been implemented. Always check the Guidelines for eligibility and priorities before applying.
Please note: if applying for community event funding, please apply under the category best aligned with your event’s purpose. If applying for a Christmas, New Year (December 31-January 1), Australia Day, ANZAC Day or Remembrance Day event please see council’s new Festive and Commemorative Events Grants.
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
- Community Grants Guidelines New Guidelines!
When is funding available?
- The next major grant round opens on 18 July and closes on 29 August 2022.
When will I know if I have been successful?
- 6-8 weeks from closing date.
What funding is available?
- Up to $15,000 to fund one-off projects, events and activities (all categories)
- Up to $30,000 to fund infrastructure projects (in the Community Facilities category)
The table below outlines co-funding requirements:
| Amount requested from council
|| Minimum co-funding requirement
| Up to $7,500
| $7,501 - $15,000
||50% of total project costs from other sources
|$15,001 to $30,000||75% of total project costs from other sources|
Eg. To be eligible for $30,000, the total cost of the project would be at least $120,000.
How do I apply?
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Applications must be submitted before starting the project.
- Applications are currently closed.
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant, auspicing
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources
For any queries please contact the Community Connections Team on (07) 5420 8616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Variations to already funded projects
If you require a project variation or an extension of your project dates contact the Grants Team via email@example.com with the details of your issue.