- Last updated:
- 10 Jul 2020
Council values engaged, resilient and inclusive communities that embrace diversity. The Major Grants Program supports not-for-profit organisations to deliver one-off projects, events and activities with broad community benefit. Applications must align to a specific grant category as detailed in the guidelines.
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
When is funding available?
- There are 2 rounds per year:
- Round 1 open 3 February 2020 and close 16 March 2020
- Round 2 open 13 July 2020 and close 24 August 2020
What funding is available?
- Up to $15,000
- $15,001 to $30,000 (Community Facilities category for infrastructure projects only).
Major Grants usually include the need for co-funding when you request more then $7,500 from council. Council knows how difficult fundraising has become, and how difficult it will be to secure co-funding in the current environment. Council is keen to support community groups with projects that can start and finish quickly and support local business. With this in mind, co-funding requirements will be temporarily suspended for the round closing 24 August 2020.
When will I know if I have been successful?
- 10 weeks from closing date.
How do I apply?
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Applications must be submitted before starting the project.
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant, auspicing
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources
- For any queries please contact the Community Connections Team on (07) 5420 8616 or email@example.com.
Variations to already funded projects
If you require a project variation or an extension of your project dates contact the Grants Team via firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your issue.
If your group has had to cancel a community event which has received council grant funding, and you have spent them money as outlined in your application you can acquit your grant as usual. If you have an under-spend or hadn't started spending yet, please contact the Grants Team via email@example.com to discuss whether a project variation or a return or funds is your organisations best option.