- Last updated:
- 20 Jan 2021
Grants information webinars are being held in February - book now.
Can your not-for-profit group make our community more active, vibrant, creative, inclusive and resilient?
The Major Grants Program supports not-for-profit organisations to deliver one-off projects, events and activities with broad community benefit. Applications must align to a specific grant category as detailed in the guidelines.
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
When is funding available?
- Round opening and closing dates for 2021 are:
- Opens 1 February 2021 and closes 15 March 2021
- Opens 12 July 2021 and closes 23 August 2021
What funding is available?
- Up to $15,000 to fund one-off projects, events and activities (all categories)
- Up to $30,000 to fund infrastructure projects (in the Community Facilities category)
Council understands how challenging fundraising has become and how difficult it will be to secure co-funding in the current COVID-19 affected environment. We are keen to support projects that can start and finish quickly, and which will inject money into the local economy. With this all in mind, co-funding requirements have been temporarily amended in this program. The table below outlines co-funding requirements applicable to March 2021 Major Grant round:
| Amount requested from council
|| Minimum co-funding requirement
| Up to $10,000
|| No requirement
| $10,001 - $30,000
|| 50% of total project costs from other sources
|Eg. If you would like to request $20,000, the total cost of your project must be at least $40,000.|
When will I know if I have been successful?
- 6-8 weeks from closing date.
How do I apply?
- Applications are currently closed.
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant, auspicing
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources
- For any queries please contact the Community Connections Team on (07) 5420 8616 or email@example.com.
Variations to already funded projects
If you require a project variation or an extension of your project dates contact the Grants Team via firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your issue.
If your group has had to cancel a community event which has received council grant funding, and you have spent the money as outlined in your application you can acquit your grant as usual. If you have an under-spend or hadn't started spending yet, please contact the Grants Team via email@example.com to discuss whether a project variation or a return of funds is your organisation's best option.