- Last updated:
- 06 Dec 2021
Can your not-for-profit group make our community more active, vibrant, inclusive, resilient and creative?
Major Grants support not-for-profit organisations to deliver one-off projects, events and activities with broad community benefit.
The Community Grants program, including Major Grants, is currently being reviewed, with updated Guidelines set for release early in 2022. The review is looking at reducing complexity.
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
- Community Grants Guidelines under review!
When is funding available?
- Next round:
- Open 1 February 2022 and closes 14 March 2022
Dates for 2022/23 financial year are coming soon.
When will I know if I have been successful?
- 6-8 weeks from closing date.
What funding is available?
- Up to $15,000 to fund one-off projects, events and activities (all categories)
- Up to $30,000 to fund infrastructure projects (in the Community Facilities category)
The table below outlines co-funding requirements:
| Amount requested from council
|| Minimum co-funding requirement
| Up to $7,500
| $7,501 - $15,000
||50% of total project costs from other sources
|$15,001 to $30,000||75% of total project costs from other sources|
Eg. To be eligible for $30,000, the total cost of the project would be at least $120,000.
How do I apply?
- Applications are currently closed.
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Applications must be submitted before starting the project.
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant, auspicing
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources
- For any queries please contact the Community Connections Team on (07) 5420 8616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Variations to already funded projects
If you require a project variation or an extension of your project dates contact the Grants Team via email@example.com with the details of your issue.
If your group has had to cancel a community event which has received council grant funding, and you have spent the money as outlined in your application you can acquit your grant as usual. If you have an under-spend or hadn't started spending yet, please contact the Grants Team via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss whether a project variation or a return of funds is your organisation's best option.