Building work applications

Before starting any construction, you may need approval for building work. A private building certifier can help with your application.

A private building certifier can tell you whether you need a building work approval. They will also assess your plans. Refer to the list of what needs building approval as a guide. 

The Development Assessment (DA) Rules are the rules for development assessment in Queensland. They outline the process for lodging, assessing and deciding an application. You can make this application through a private building certifier.

Understanding the approval and construction process for building work fact sheet.

Some building work needs assessment and approval under other legislation. This includes the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014 or the Queensland Development Code.