- Last updated:
- 30 Jul 2020
This program allows funds to be allocated at the councillor's discretion to not-for-profit organisations for community purposes. The total amount prescribed as Councillor Discretionary Funds for the 2020/21 financial year is $244,871, which equates to $22,261 for each Councillor. This amount has been budgeted for Councillors to allocate for community purposes through the Councillor Discretionary Funding Program.
Applications to the Councillor Discretionary Funding Program are:
subject to available funding
submitted to the councillor/s for the area where the project will have the most benefit
- submitted to the Mayor if the project has broader benefits across the Sunshine Coast
Information on eligibility, priorities and assessment criteria
When is funding available
- Applications can be submitted all year round, but will be closed for two weeks in June/July to allow for end of year financial processing and preparation for the new financial year.
- Applications for the 2020/21 financial year close at midnight on 23 June 2021
What funding is available
How to apply
- Discuss your project with your local councillor's support officer. (Not sure which division you're in? Find out on the Electoral Commission of Queensland website.)
- Applications must be submitted online. A link will be forwarded by the councillor's support officer.
- Applications must be submitted before starting the project.
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant, auspicing
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources
For any queries please contact the Community Connections and Partnerships Team on (07) 5420 8616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the Notices of Allocation for 2020/21
- Division 1 Cr Baberowski
- Division 2 Cr Landsberg
- Division 3 Cr Cox
- Division 4 Cr Natoli
- Division 5 Cr Johnston
- Division 6 Cr Dickson
- Division 7 Cr Hungerford
- Division 8 Cr O’Pray
- Division 9 Cr Suarez
- Division 10 Cr Law
- Mayor Jamieson