Festive and Commemorative Events grants support costs associated with delivering the following community-led event types only:
- Festive Season Events - Christmas, New Year (31 December/1 January) and Australia Day
- Anzac Day and Remembrance Day.
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
Community Grants guidelines (PDF, 289KB).
When funding is available?
- Applications can be submitted all year round and are assessed every 2 months
- Applications for Christmas and New Year (31 December/1 January) must be submitted before 30 September.
What funding is available?
- Up to $15,000 for regional events
- Up to $3000 for local events.
Well-established community organisations with a proven track record of delivering festive or commemorative community-led events can apply for up to three years funding.
Applications run in a 3 year cycle. We are in the 3rd year of the current 3 year cycle. Applications for the following events will be considered for the current cycle:
- 2023 Remembrance Day
- 2023-24 Festive Season (Christmas, New Year, Australia Day events)
- 2024 Anzac Day
In the interim, a review will be undertaken to identify if any adjustments to the program are required prior to the commencement of the next three year cycle.
When will I know if I have been successful?
- Approximately 2 weeks from assessment date (applications are assessed every two months).
How to apply
- Discuss your project with Council's Creative Arts & Events team representative, Colin Potter on 5420 8729.
- If approved to progress, a link to the application form will be emailed to you.
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Applications must be submitted before starting the project.
- Events must be scheduled to take place after notification of funding outcomes.
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- Grant writing tips and project planning tools (including auspicing)
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources.
Variations to already funded projects
If you require a project variation or an extension of your project dates, contact the grants team via [email protected] with the details of your issue.