Festive and Commemorative Events Grants
Funding for community-led Christmas, New Years, Australia Day, Anzac Day and Remembrance Day community events.
Festive and Commemorative Events grants support costs associated with delivering the following community-led event types only:
- Festive Season Events - Christmas, New Year (31 December/1 January) and Australia Day
- Anzac Day and Remembrance Day.
Applications for funding for all other types of events can be submitted in the major or minor grant rounds under the category most relevant to the focus of the event.
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
Community Grants guidelines (PDF, 289KB).
When funding is available?
- Applications can be submitted all year round and are assessed every 2 months
- Applications for Christmas and New Year (31 December/1 January) must be submitted before 30 September.
What funding is available?
- Up to $15,000 for regional events
- Up to $3000 for local events.
Well-established community organisations with a proven track record of delivering festive or commemorative community-led events can apply for up to three years funding.
Applications run in a 3 year cycle:
- 2021-22 applicants will receive a maximum of three years of funding
- 2022-23 applicants will receive a maximum two years of funding
- 2023-24 applicants will receive only one year of funding.
A review will be undertaken during 2024 to identify if any adjustments to the program are required prior to the commencement of the next three year cycle.
When will I know if I have been successful?
- Approximately 2 weeks from assessment date (applications are assessed every two months).
How to apply
- Discuss your project with Council's Creative Arts & Events team representative, Colin Potter on 5420 8729.
- If approved to progress, a link to the application form will be emailed to you.
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Applications must be submitted before starting the project.
- Events must be scheduled to take place after notification of funding outcomes.
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- Grant writing tips and project planning tools (including auspicing)
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources.
Variations to already funded projects
If you require a project variation or an extension of your project dates, contact the grants team via [email protected] with the details of your issue.