Service details, timetables and route maps
What are Flexilink trial services?
Flexilink services provide affordable, reliable and accessible public transport to people with fewer transport options. The services:
- operate on a pre-booked basis
- run 3 return trips per day, Monday to Saturday and public holidays (Peachester to Beerwah)
- run 4 return trips per day Monday to Friday, and 3 return trips per day on Saturdays and public holidays from 1 December 2023 (Conondale to Maleny)
- in most cases, connect with existing public transport services for onward journeys
- travel along a chosen route (people using the Flexilink service must meet the vehicle along this route)
- use a taxi in place of a bus.
Flexilink services are funded by Council's Transport Levy on a trial basis to determine the demand for bus services in areas with limited public transport. They are not proposed as a long-term or permanent public transport solution.
The services reduce the need for single passenger car use. More public transport options available on the Sunshine Coast mean less people need to use their cars. This helps Council work towards a sustainable environment.
How to book
- You need to phone 1300 511 163 and mention that you wish to book a Flexilink service.
- You must book your seat 2 hours ahead of departure or by 9pm the previous evening for the first morning service.
- If there are no bookings a vehicle will not be sent.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, advise the operator when you book.
- adult $2.00 per single trip
- child or concession $1.00 per single trip.
The following transport cards are not valid on the Flexilink services:
- School transport assistance scheme (STAS)
- Translink go cards.
To book a Flexilink service, call 1300 511 163.
Discontinued Flexilink trial services
For information on discontinued Flexilink trial services, visit service improvements and trials.
If you would like to provide feedback on the Flexilink trial services, please contact Council.