- Last updated:
- 31 Aug 2021
Contacting the police
- If it is an emergency or the crime is happening now, phone triple zero 000 and ask for “Police”.
- If is not an emergency and the crime has already happened, phone Policelink on 131 444.
All Australians have, under the law, the right to seek justice. Free legal assistance is available if you are eligible.
Phone: 1300 651 188
Suncoast Community Legal Services Inc.
Phone: 5443 7827
Refugee and Immigration Legal Service
Phone: 3846 9300
Justice of the Peace
The role of the Justice of the Peace (JP) is to act as an independent and objective witness to documents people use for official or legal purposes.
- witness oaths or affidavits
- take statutory declarations and affirmations
- witness signatures
- attest the execution of a document
- certify a true copy of an original document.
Find a Queensland Justice of the Peace
Australia has consumer laws to protect you when you purchase goods and services and to cover safety and privacy.Learn more about your rights.
If you experience racism
Racism is unacceptable in our society. If you suffer harassment or abuse based on race, country of origin or religion, support is available.
Phone: 1300 130 670 or for more information, contact The Queensland Human Rights Commission.