- Last updated:
- 13 Jan 2020
Council is working in collaboration with state government and other local governments, community groups and land holders to protect against invasive animals.
A range of programs are being delivered to:
- reduce the impact of invasive animals on our native species (including key species)
- monitor invasive animal activity and presence to assess the effectiveness of control programs
- raise awareness of the need to protect native species from invasive species
- provide education and support to the local community on the control invasive animals
- adopt a unified, targeted approach by working in conjunction with other stakeholders (such as local and state governments and community groups).