- Last updated:
- 03 Oct 2019
School students have never been more aware or concerned about their environment as the current generation. That is why BushCare Sunshine Coast has created BushCare Mates. A school conservation program that uses bushcare and tree planting to educate and inspire students to connect with their local environment while fostering a sense of community.
Your school or class can get involved in a regular or one-off bushcare or native tree planting activity and benefit by:
- connecting with and learning about your local environment
- getting outdoors and being active
- giving back to your community and making a positive impact on the environment around you
- learning about local plant and animal species
- learning new skills
- working as a team to achieve a goal.
What is provided
- Planning and preparation for a suitable bushcare/tree planting activity. Where possible, we will select a location close to your school and choose an activity suitable for your age and size of group.
- Supervision by one of our qualified Community Nature Conservation Officers.
- All plants, materials, tools and first aid kit.
- Safety and skills induction.
- Information about the site and how their activity links to other local projects.
- Upon request, we can team you up with a local BushCare Community group, assist with transport, recommend or assist with additional educational activities.
For more information read our Information Sheet.
Or contact the Senior Community Conservation Officer on 07 5499 5178 or email email@example.com.