School students have never been more aware or concerned about their environment as the current generation. That is why BushCare Sunshine Coast created BushCare mates. A youth conservation program that uses bushcare and tree planting to educate and inspire students to connect with their local environment while fostering a sense of community.
Your school or youth group can get involved in a regular or one-off bushcare or native tree planting activity and benefit by:
- connecting with and learning about your local environment
- getting outdoors and being active
- giving back to your community and making a positive impact on the environment around you
- learning about local plant and animal species
- learning new skills
- working as a team to achieve a goal.
BushCare Sunshine Coast school volunteering
What is provided
- Planning and preparation for a suitable bushcare/tree planting activity. Where possible, we will select a location close to your school and choose an activity suitable for your age and size of group
- Supervision by one of our qualified community conservation officers
- All plants, materials, tools and first aid kit
- Safety and skills induction
- Information about the site and how their activity links to other local projects
- Upon request, we can team you up with a local BushCare community group, assist with transport, recommend or assist with additional educational activities.
For more information read our information sheet (DOCX, 559KB).