- Last updated:
- 10 Feb 2020
BushCare Sunshine Coast (previously Community Nature Conservation Program) supports the community to conserve and restore our natural bushland in council's environment reserves. It is a great way to make a positive impact on the environment around you, and you will also be able to meet new people, stay healthy and active, learn new skills and connect with nature.
You can join our 2,000+ BushCare volunteers who annually achieve together:
- planting 20,000+ native trees, shrubs and ground covers
- 1,600+ wheelie bins of weeds composted
- restoring 170 hectares of bushland
- creating habitat corridors
- restoring our local waterways
- building resilience of our dunes.
Join a BushCare Community group
There are over 40 BushCare groups you can join across the Sunshine Coast region holding regular working bees
Tree planting and BushCare events
Gather your friends and family and attend a community planting or EcoVenture event
Get your school or class involved in a BushCare or native tree planting activity in your local area