- Last updated:
- 21 Jun 2022
When you request a building records search, we search council's building records.
Our records include:
- building approvals
- from 1961 onwards for properties in the former Maroochy shire
- from July 1985 onwards for the former Caloundra shire.
- final inspections
- from 1992 onwards for properties in the former Maroochy shire
- from July 1985 onwards for properties in the former Caloundra shire.
- statutory notices.
Note: some records may not be available.
To get a copy of building plans that council may hold, you need to complete a file retrieval form.
For plumbing information, you need to select the applicable plumbing records search options on the building, plumbing and development search application.
Other building searches
- certificate of occupancy (where available).
Other types of searches
Council can perform a variety of property searches. Refer to certificates and searches for property information for more details.
How to request a search
Council offers several ways to retrieve building records:
- lodge and pay online through MyCouncil (you will need to register to use this service)
- submit the building, plumbing and development search application form and pay the applicable fee by email, in person or by post.
You can contact council's development services for more information.