Leave comments or report a bug

Simply leave your comments below. If the feedback is about a bug, please provide the steps you took so we can replicate.

Upload files

You can use CTR+V to paste a screenshot from your clipboard directly into the textarea above. Otherwise you can upload a file from your computer below.

Select a theme

These themes change the colour scheme and fonts of this site to make it easier to read.

If there are ways that we can make the site more accessible to you, please contact us.

back to top

Are you a older person looking for transport help? If so there are services that may assist you.

Public transport

With a Translink Seniors go card, seniors receive 50% discount on bus and train fares. For more information visit: www.translink.com.au or call 13 12 30 anytime.

Council Link is a council-funded transport service that is available for:

  • people aged 60 and over
  • people with a disability or mobility impairment (DSP concession card holders)
  • carers and minors accompanying people (carers card or companion card holders).

Council Link services run in designated areas across the region one day per week. A fare is only $2 per person (one-way trip). For more information go to the Council Link page.

Aged care transport

Need help getting around? The government-funded My Aged Care Program, includes transport services for:

  • medical appointments
  • health professional appointments such as a podiatrist or optometrist
  • food shopping
  • events or social gatherings.

You will need to be assessed through My Aged Care. If you are not eligible for My Aged Care, you can contact their providers and enquire about a fee for service.

To apply online go to My Aged Care or phone 1800 200 422.

To find available transport providers in your area go to www.myagedcare.gov.au.

Queensland community support scheme

The Queensland community support scheme is for people who need help to continue to live in their own home and to enjoy their community.

For people under 65 years old (or under 50 years old for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island people) with:

  • a disability (and are not eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme)
  • chronic illness, mental health or other condition, or
  • circumstances that impact your ability to live on your own.

A referral is not required. To apply, contact the QCSS Access Point on 1800 600 300 or by email.

There is also a range of transport services for people who need extra help:

Other resources for older people

Fact sheets