- Last updated:
- 31 Aug 2021
Migrant Work Ready is a free program for people from a multicultural background.
The program prepares participants for the local job market and improves prospects to find employment on the Sunshine Coast.
The program includes eight weeks of employment ready workshops, a graduation event, mentoring and networking opportunities.
Through the program participants gain an understanding of:
- Australian work culture, local life and how to connect with local people
- resume writing, job hunting and interview skills
- how to create a standout LinkedIn profile
- how to make a great impression and speak with confidence
- the growth of the region and job opportunities into the future
- benefits of networking and volunteering
- how to maintain a positive mindset and set career goals.
Eligible you must:
- commit to attending all eight workshops and the graduation event
- be a resident of the Sunshine Coast local government area
- be unemployed and looking for work
- not have previously completed the program
- submit an expression of interest form.
Expressions of interest have closed for 2021
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Listen to graduates of the program
Delivered in partnership
Sunshine Coast Council, Nambour Community Centre, Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce, TAFE Queensland, Volunteering Sunshine Coast and Sunshine Coast Chamber Alliance Business Mentor Program have worked in partnership to deliver the Migrant Work Ready program.