Community gardens are a great way to meet people, share gardening skills and grow your own food.
Community gardens are a great way to meet people, share gardening skills and grow your own food. These gardens provide an opportunity to learn about sustainable living. They also help build a sense of community and connection with the environment.
Find community gardening initiatives near you to get involved:
- Alexandra Headland Community Garden - Nelson Park, Katoa Street, Alexandra Headland (Alex Community Association)
- Bells Reach Community Garden - Active Park, 36-58 Indigo Road Caloundra West, Caloundra West Lions Club Facebook Page
- Buddina Community Garden – Kevin Asmus Park, Nanyima Street, Buddina
- Eastbank Edible Garden – Be:, Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina - Phone: (07) 5390 1200
- Eumundi Community Garden - Old Eumundi Sports Field, Memorial Drive, Eumundi - [email protected]
- Maleny Community Garden - Maleny Neighbourhood Centre, 17 Bicentenary Lane, Maleny - (07) 5499 9345
- Maple Street Co-op Community Garden - 37 Maple Street, Maleny - 0484 647 313
- Nambour Community Garden – Nambour Showgrounds, Coronation Avenue, Nambour
- Steps Nursery and Community Garden - George Street, Caloundra
- The Urban Farm - Maroochy Neighbourhood Centre, 2 Fifth Avenue, Cotton Tree. Phone: (07) 5443 6696
- Woombye Community Garden - 12 Campbell Street, Woombye - [email protected]
- Yandina Community Garden – corner of North and Farrell Streets, Yandina.
Start a garden
Council provides advice for people and community groups to start a community garden:
- community gardens policy can be found on the policy web page
- community gardens guidelines (PDF, 1602KB).
You can apply to start a community garden if your proposal meets these guidelines. Contact council to start your application.
You can also register to join other community volunteer programs. You can help maintain parks, or restore natural areas.