- Last updated:
- 18 May 2021
Community gardens are a great way to meet people, share gardening skills and grow your own food. These gardens provide an opportunity to learn about sustainable living. They also help build a sense of community and connection with the environment.
Find Community gardening initiatives near you to get involved:
- Buddina Community Garden – Kevin Asmus Park, Nanyima Street, Buddina
- Eastbank Edible Garden – Be:, Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina - Phone: 1300 785 446
- Nambour Community Garden – Nambour Showgrounds, Coronation Avenue, Nambour
- Alexandra Headland Community Garden – Nelson Park, Katoa Street, Alexandra Headland (Alex Community Association)
- Yandina Community Garden – corner of North and Farrell Streets, Yandina
- The Urban Farm – Maroochy Neighbourhood Centre, 2 Fifth Avenue, Cotton Tree. Phone: 5443 6696
- Bells Reach Community Garden - Active Park, 36-58 Indigo Road Caloundra West, Caloundra West Lions Club Facebook page
- Steps Nursery and Community Garden - George Street, Caloundra
Start a garden
Council provides advice for people and community groups to start a community garden.
You can apply to start a community garden if your proposal meets these guidelines. Contact council's customer service centre to start your application.