- Last updated:
- 02 Nov 2022
Community gardens are a great way to meet people, share gardening skills and grow your own food. These gardens provide an opportunity to learn about sustainable living. They also help build a sense of community and connection with the environment.
Find community gardening initiatives near you to get involved:
- Alexandra Headland Community Garden - Nelson Park, Katoa Street, Alexandra Headland (Alex Community Association)
- Bells Reach Community Garden - Active Park, 36-58 Indigo Road Caloundra West, Caloundra West Lions Club Facebook Page
- Buddina Community Garden – Kevin Asmus Park, Nanyima Street, Buddina
- Eastbank Edible Garden – Be:, Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina - Phone: (07) 5390 1200
- Eumundi Community Garden - Old Eumundi Sports Field, Memorial Drive, Eumundi - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maleny Community Garden - Maleny Neighbourhood Centre, 17 Bicentenary Lane, Maleny - (07) 5499 9345
- Maple Street Co-op Community Garden - 37 Maple Street, Maleny - 0484 647 313
- Nambour Community Garden – Nambour Showgrounds, Coronation Avenue, Nambour
- Steps Nursery and Community Garden - George Street, Caloundra
- The Urban Farm - Maroochy Neighbourhood Centre, 2 Fifth Avenue, Cotton Tree. Phone: (07) 5443 6696
- Woombye Community Garden - 12 Campbell Street, Woombye - email@example.com
- Yandina Community Garden – corner of North and Farrell Streets, Yandina
Start a garden
Council provides advice for people and community groups to start a community garden.
You can apply to start a community garden if your proposal meets these guidelines. Contact council to start your application.