Plumbing and drainage work

Plumbing and drainage work includes permit work, onsite sewerage facilities and backflow prevention devices.

Contact Unitywater for issues with water supply and sewage treatment services.

All plumbing and drainage work must comply with current legislative requirements and regulations. The QBCC website has details of what is required for each type of work. This includes:

  • water supply
  • gasfitting
  • sanitary
  • roofing (stormwater)
  • drainage
  • mechanical services (heating, cooling and ventilation)
  • fire protection, and
  • irrigation.

You need a licensed plumber or drainer for work, other than unregulated work. You can check your plumber or drainer's license online. Refer to the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC).

Permit work requires council assessment and approval before commencing work. It also requires mandatory inspections.

Find out more about your specific matter below.

Council is committed to ensuring accessibility for everyone, please contact council's development services if you need assistance on this page.

Sunshine Coast Council acknowledges the Sunshine Coast Country, home of the Kabi Kabi peoples and the Jinibara peoples, the Traditional Custodians, whose lands and waters we all now share.
We commit to working in partnership with the Traditional Custodians and the broader First Nations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) community to support self-determination through economic and community development.
Site help & accessibility
Sign-up for our newsletter
Follow us
© Sunshine Coast Regional Council 2008 - 2023