- Last updated:
- 29 Oct 2022
There is several types of planning and development searches available. Listed below is what is provided for each type.
Limited planning and development certificate
- planning scheme zoning, overlay provision and charges resolution that apply to the property
- if a variation approval is in effect over the property. Including a description of how it varies the planning scheme
- if a State instrument applies to the premises
- information recorded in an infrastructure charges register kept by council.
Standard planning and development certificate
- limited planning and development certificate information mentioned above
- details of any:
- decisions for applications to amend a planning scheme under the Planning Act 2016
- compliance permits or certificates given under the Integrated Planning Act 1997 (IPA)
- changes or currency period extensions to any development approval (DA).
- copies of any:
- current decision notices, or negotiated decision notice, deemed approvals
- judgement or order of the court or tribunal resolution about any DA
- agreement to which council or a concurrence agency is a party about a condition of the DA
- infrastructure agreement applying to the premises to which council is a party
- decision notice given for a change made under the planning act to change a rezoning condition that applies to the premises.
- description of each proposed amendment of a planning scheme council has decided to proceed with, but not adopted
- exemption certificates and continuing approvals under IPA for a DA not lapsed and still in effect.
If the premises is in a declared master planned area:
- copy of:
- current master plan/s that continue to have effect under the planning act each decision or negotiated decision under IPA, and
- any judgement or order given by the Planning and Environment Court or Building Tribunal under IPA.
Full planning and development certificate
- limited and standard planning and development certificate information mentioned above
- details of any DA in force for the premises containing conditions
- if there is an infrastructure agreement to which council is a party
- where council is aware of a development offence in relation to the premises, advice of any:
- prosecution, or
- proceedings for a prosecution.
Property development notes
Property development notes or town planning notations relating to the premises, may include:
- specific site effluent disposal requirements
- protected vegetation
- plan of development notes/building envelopes.
How to request a search
Council offers several ways to retrieve planning and development certificates:
- lodge and pay online through MyCouncil (you will need to register to use this service)
- submit the building, plumbing and development search application form and pay the applicable fee by email, in person or by post.
For help with MyCouncil:
- refer to our MyCouncil FAQs
- read step by step instructions and find out what search options are available
You can contact council's development services for more information.