At the end of its tenure, the original Caloundra CBD taskforce recommended a new leadership team (downtown Caloundra taskforce) to drive economic growth, innovation and leadership unity in the Caloundra CBD.
- act objectively and impartially for the greater good of Caloundra (with a specific focus on downtown Caloundra)
- position downtown Caloundra as a cohesive, collaborative business centre
- inform strategies that will enhance the main street’s point of difference and appeal as a shopping, business, investment and events destination
- review the implementation of the priority recommendations listed in clause 2 and design a program of events and activity for downtown Caloundra (by way of calendar) with associated funding
- support the business development facilitator for downtown Caloundra
- guide performance monitoring and reporting on economic indicators for downtown Caloundra
- provide input to the statutory amendment process of the master plan for downtown Caloundra by council.
Note: Neither council nor the business development facilitator are solely responsible for the delivery of the above actions.
The taskforce comprises of a minimum of 6 members plus the chair who:
- act for the wider benefit of downtown Caloundra over and above individual/sector/entity based thinking, and
- have experience in one of the following areas: retail, entertainment, tourism, data analytics, finance, grants, data, marketing, real estate, community or bring an external perspective.
The chair of the taskforce is the councillor for division 2. The chair has authority to appoint a deputy chair from the group who will chair the taskforce if the councillor for division 2 is not available.
The deputy chair is the CEO of the Caloundra Chambers of Commerce.
Download the downtown Caloundra taskforce terms of reference (PDF, 84KB).