- Last updated:
- 19 Aug 2019
Council adopted the 2017/18 budget at a special meeting on 15 June 2017.
The budget was developed in conjunction with:
- council's Operational Plan 2017/18
- and in accordance with council's Financial Sustainability Plan 2015-2025.
- A budget which includes a positive operating result of $24.9 million.
- A $722 million dollar budget which delivers services and opportunities to keep our region great.
- $237 million Capital Works Program.
- $4 increase to waste management charges for a 240L wheelie bin.
- Overall the general rates and waste management charges combined results in a 2.3% increase.
- Environment Levy increase by $2 to $72.
- Heritage Levy increase by $3 to $11.
- Transport Levy increase by $15 to $42.
- Tourism and Major Events Levy increase of 4.6% in line with the projected program.
- Pensioner discount continues.
- On-time payment discount continues.
This is a budget that:
- helps to build Australia's healthy, smart and creative region – economically and environmentally
- focuses on protecting and enhancing our environment, building a strong community and growing the economy
- has a capital works program investing to improve the livability of our communities
- delivers on our clear plan for today and for tomorrow.
Budget 2017/18 news
- Budget delivers a healthy, smart, creative region
- Delivering the future by investing in infrastructure
- 2017/18 Budget presentation
2017/18 Budget Schedules
The 2017/18 Budget Schedules were presented as attachments to the budget adoption report. The schedules include:
- Statement of Income and Expenses
- Change in Rates and Utility Charges
- Statement of Financial Position
- Statement of Changes in Equity
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Measures of Financial Sustainability
- 2017/18 Ten-Year Capital Works Program
- Maroochydore City Centre
- Sunshine Coast Airport Runway Project.
The following policies have been adopted as part of the 2017/18 Budget:
- 2016/17 Budget Details
- 2015/16 Budget Details
- 2014/15 Budget Details
- 2013/14 Budget Details
- 2012/13 Budget Details
- 2011/12 Budget Details
- 2010/11 Budget Details
- 2009/10 Budget Details
- 2008/09 Budget Details