- Last updated:
- 25 Sep 2020
Council adopted the 2015/16 budget at a special meeting on 25 June 2015.
The budget was developed in conjunction with council’s Financial Sustainability Plan 2015-2025 was adopted by council at the September 2015 Ordinary Meeting.Operational Plan 2015/16. The
- Balanced budget of $588 million
- $183 million Capital Works Program
- Bottom line rate increase for the majority of ratepayers is 1.5%
- $17 carbon tax refund for the majority of ratepayers
- No increase to general levies
- Pensioner discount continues, about $3.1 million
- Early payment discount continues, about $7.6 million.
This is a budget that:
- has the community of today and tomorrow at its very heart
- delivers important core responsibilities while implementing a visionary direction to shape the region’s future
- will continue to grow the local economy to create more jobs and increase household incomes
- continues to achieve our vision to become the most sustainable region in Australia– vibrant, green, diverse.
- Community Budget Book
- Capital Works Program
- You can access separate sections of council's 2015/16 budget from the listing below or download the 2015/16 Budget Book.
Budget 2015/16 news
- Budget shapes Sunshine Coast’s visionary future
- Shaping the future by investing in infrastructure
- Shaping a future where we can live, work and play
- Tourism and major events help shape prosperous future
- Shaping a future to build a strong community
- Shaping our future by protecting our environment
- Council cuts costs to encourage more residents to go green.
2015/16 Budget Schedules
The 2015/16 Budget Schedules were presented as attachments to the budget adoption report. The schedules include:
- Statement of Income and Expenses
- Change in Rates and Utility Charges
- Statement of Financial Position
- Statement of Changes in Equity
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Measures of Financial Sustainability
- 2015/16 Ten-Year Capital Works Program
- Maroochydore City Centre.
The following were presented as attachments to the budget report:
- 2014/15 Budget Details
- 2013/14 Budget Details
- 2012/13 Budget Details
- 2011/12 Budget Details
- 2010/11 Budget Details
- 2009/10 Budget Details
- 2008/09 Budget Details