Council adopted the 2015/16 budget at a special meeting on 25 June 2015
Council adopted the 2015/16 budget at a special meeting on 25 June 2015.
The budget was developed in conjunction with council’s [760KB]Operational Plan 2015/16. The Financial Sustainability Plan 2015-2025[1945KB] was adopted by council at the September 2015 Ordinary Meeting.
- Balanced budget of $588 million
- $183 million Capital Works Program
- Bottom line rate increase for the majority of ratepayers is 1.5%
- $17 carbon tax refund for the majority of ratepayers
- No increase to general levies
- Pensioner discount continues, about $3.1 million
- Early payment discount continues, about $7.6 million.
This is a budget that:
- has the community of today and tomorrow at its very heart
- delivers important core responsibilities while implementing a visionary direction to shape the region’s future
- will continue to grow the local economy to create more jobs and increase household incomes
- continues to achieve our vision to become the most sustainable region in Australia– vibrant, green, diverse.
- Community Budget Book[3290KB]
- Capital Works Program[16KB]
- You can access separate sections of council's 2015/16 budget from the listing below or download the 2015/16 Budget Book[4124KB].
Budget 2015/16 news
- Budget shapes Sunshine Coast’s visionary future[309KB]
- Shaping the future by investing in infrastructure[162KB]
- Shaping a future where we can live, work and play[219KB]
- Tourism and major events help shape prosperous future[237KB]
- Shaping a future to build a strong community[239KB]
- Shaping our future by protecting our environment[239KB]
- Council cuts costs to encourage more residents to go green[218KB].
2015/16 Budget Schedules
The 2015/16 Budget Schedules were presented as attachments to the budget adoption report. The schedules include:
- Statement of Income and Expenses
- Change in Rates and Utility Charges[8KB]
- Statement of Financial Position[12KB]
- Statement of Changes in Equity[12KB]
- Statement of Cash Flows[12KB]
- Measures of Financial Sustainability[13KB]
- 2015/16 Ten-Year Capital Works Program[16KB]
- Maroochydore City Centre[27KB].
The following were presented as attachments to the budget report: