Due to scheduled maintenance, MyCouncil Services will be unavailable between 5.15pm 19 April 2024 and 8.00am 22 April 2024. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Tidal works

Tidal works are any works carried out in, on or over tidal land. You need to make an application for operational works for any prescribed tidal works.

Tidal works generally include the construction or demolition of structures such as:

  • jetties
  • decks
  • pontoons
  • seawalls
  • revetment walls
  • navigation channels
  • marina basins.

You need to make an application for operational works for any prescribed tidal works. This can include maintenance, demolition and construction work.

You may require owner’s consent to support a your application.

Sunshine Coast tidal areas

Natural waterways:

  • Mooloolah and Maroochy Rivers and tributaries
  • Pumicestone Passage
  • Mountain Creek.


  • Maroochy Waters
  • Mooloolaba
  • Kawana Waters
  • Currimundi canal
  • Hideaway Waters canal
  • Lamerough canal.

Mooloolaba Harbour is managed by State government. You can submit your proposal to the State Assessment and Referral Agency (SARA).

Before you apply

Before an application to council is processed you may need:

Report an issue with tidal works.