- Last updated:
- 16 Apr 2019
With the AWCS, residential apartments will have inlets located in the apartment building.
- Use the red inlets for general waste disposal - waste must be in bags
- Bags to be no more than 30 centimeters in diameter.
- Use the yellow inlets for recyclable disposal - residents do not need to bag items
- Items to be no more than 30 centimeters in diameter.
Waste not appropriate for the AWCS
- Organic waste - Residents can use the in sink food disposal system in each apartment’s kitchen.
- Bulkier items (large cardboard, electronic waste) or regulated waste - Residents can utilise the centralised disposal areas or transport the waste to a council waste facility for disposal or recycling.
We are continuing to develop resources for residents. Check back regularly for updates on bin signage, user guides and in sink waste disposal.