- Last updated:
- 08 Jan 2020
The Transport Futures Fund* enables council to look to the future and invest in smart and innovative transport solutions now, to provide for a growing and diverse Sunshine Coast.
The Transport Futures Fund is focused on achieving major, long-term, multi-modal transport infrastructure strategies and outcomes such as:
- major transport projects
- major transport corridors - protection or acquisition
- mass transit contribution (and potential precursors)
- bring forward of major transport elements
- futures fund accumulation.
Over a number of years the fund has provided a sizeable contribution from council to attract greater commitments from the State and Federal governments for projects such as the Sunshine Coast Mass Transit Project. This strategy proved successful for the Gold Coast in achieving the Gold Coast Light Rail and is considered the best way for us to realise our vision for the Sunshine Coast.
* The Transport Futures Fund is not intended to replace existing capital programs, revenues or funding mechanisms for effective land use planning.
If you would like more information, please contact council.