- Last updated:
- 10 Feb 2021
The Sunshine Coast Community Strategy 2019-2041 provides a long-term plan for how council and our community will work together to achieve a strong community. The strategy has incorporated a range of former community action plans into the one document including the Youth Action Plan 2018-2021.
The strategy embraces all sectors of the community including young people and seeks to improve our connection with young people through improved communication and opportunities for involvement in the community.
Sunshine Coast Youth Action Group
Young people are our leaders of tomorrow.
The Sunshine Coast Youth Action Group will provide guidance on the implementation of projects, programs and initiatives specific to young people.
The group will meet monthly. The first workshop will be held in September at the Thrive Youth Hub in Maroochydore.
Speak Up and Engage
To stay up to date with youth development and engagement please follow the Speak Up Engage Facebook page.
Youth Connect network meetings
Council manages Youth Connect (regular meetings between youth service providers). These networking meetings provide a forum for the youth sector to share information on youth programs, projects or services and to discuss partnership options and youth service needs.
Youth Connect meeting minutes:
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - January 2021 [3MB]
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - November 2020 [228KB]
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - August 2020 [3MB]
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - May 2020
Council supports creating opportunities and jobs for young people through a variety of opportunities:
- Careers and employment opportunities at Sunshine Coast Council. For Vacancies and information visit council employment
- First Start Traineeship Program - Partnership between Queensland Government and council. For more information and links to apply visit council traineeships
- Work Experience Placements at Sunshine Coast Council. To express your interest and register visit work experience placements
Sunshine Coast Council libraries are committed to building programs which help young people to be educated, engaged and empowered. Visit Sunshine Coast libraries
Kids in Action's Teaching Kids program is a way to help change the way people see and use the natural environment. Visit Kids in Action
Reliable and accurate COVID-19 information can be accessed through the following council webpages:
- Support for community including individuals and families including students and young people Covid -19 community support webpages
- Links to federal, state and local government programs, hotlines and key support agencies Key contacts at a glance
- Council's response to Covid-19 and updates on current facilities and services Council and Covid-19