- Last updated:
- 05 Feb 2021
Join Heart Foundation Walking - there's a walk near you!
Heart Foundation is Australia’s largest network of free community-based walking groups, with volunteer walk organisers leading the walks.
Walking is suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels. Walking has a very low risk of injury as it is low impact and doesn't require any special equipment or training. Walking for an average of 30 minutes or more a day can lower the risk of heart disease and stroke by 35% and Type 2 diabetes by 40%.
Regular physical activity has been proven to:
- manage weight, blood pressure and cholesterol
- reduce your risk of some cancers
- maintain bone density, reducing risk of osteoporosis and fractures
- improve balance and coordination, reducing your risk of falls and other injuries
- improve mental health and wellbeing.
Heart Foundation Walking groups on the Sunshine Coast
- Alexandra Headlands – Hearty Alex Walkers
- Birtinya – Birtinya Beats
- Buddina – Buddina Trotters
- Buderim – Buderim Heart Beats
- Caloundra – Razzle Dazzlers
- Coolum Beach – Coolum Beach Walking Group
- Golden Beach – Golden Beach Walking Group
- Kenilworth – Kenilworth Sneakers
- Little Mountain – Creekwood Walkers
- Maleny – Maleny Heart Beats
- Mapleton – Mapleton Movers
- Maroochydore – Apia Steppin Out Walking Group
- Mooloolah – Mooloolah Walkers
New Locations for walking groups
We are always looking for volunteer walk organisers to start new walking groups on the Coast. To find out how you can start a new group and for further information visit Heart Foundation Walking or call 1300 362 787.
If you would like to talk to council's local coordinator, contact the Community Development Team on 5475 7272.