- Last updated:
- 09 Jul 2022
Council endorsed the region’s first ever arts plan at the August 2018 Ordinary Meeting. Through the plan, council will aim to grow, strengthen and seek opportunities to develop and showcase the local arts sector.
'The soul of our community is our flourishing arts ecology: nurturing connections, promoting experimentation and inspiring collaboration.'
Local artists and our arts sector developed the plan. It provides a road-map to guide council’s future priorities, programs and investment in the arts. The plan aims to:
- stimulate the local arts sector
- create opportunities to build a strong community of artists, arts practitioners and arts organisations
- showcase the value of arts to the region
- identify opportunities for investment
- grow participation in the arts.
The plan’s goals and strategies rely on a collaborative approach. This collaboration is between council, all levels of government, the arts sector, the community and investors. Council expects these partnerships to continue throughout the Plan’s 20-year journey.
There are four goals within the Sunshine Coast Arts Plan:
- Local artists and artistic content is developed and celebrated.
- Arts audiences and creative opportunities flourish through investment and development.
- Dedicated networks of places and spaces for artists to connect, create and collaborate.
- Art and creativity is embedded in the identity and experience of the Sunshine Coast.
Download a copy of the Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018-2038
To stay informed about arts on the Sunshine Coast, including the Arts Plan, sign up to our mailing list.
Follow the links below to view the documents used during development of the plan.
- Sunshine Coast Arts Plan Targeted Stakeholder Engagement - Final Report
- Sunshine Coast Arts Plan Discussion Paper
- Sunshine Coast Arts Plan Discussion Paper - printable version
- Sunshine Coast Arts and Culture Snapshot