- Last updated:
- 03 Oct 2019
BushCare Community is a BushCare Sunshine Coast sub-program consisting of a network of over 40 groups who share a common goal to conserve and restore our Sunshine Coast bushland in council's environment reserves.
Each group holds regular working bees throughout the year. No commitment is required, you can join-in where and when you can.
Read the profile book and working bee schedule to find out about all our groups.
BushCare Community volunteers enjoy the benefits of:
- meeting new people and forming friendships that can last a lifetime
- staying healthy and active
- onsite training and guidance
- supply of equipment and materials
- workshops and information sessions
- recognition of efforts
- social and networking activities
How to Join
To become a BushCare Sunshine Coast volunteer register online or contact the group using the details listed in the profile book or working bee schedule above.
How to start a new group
If there is a council reserve without an existing group and you think would value volunteer conservation, you can apply to start your own.
View the new group application form
For more information contact the Senior Community Conservation Officer on 07 5499 5178 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BushCare Sunshine Coast guidelines
The guidelines explain the objectives of BushCare Sunshine Coast (previously Community Nature Conservation Program):
- the process for becoming a volunteer
- your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer
- council’s role, rights and responsibilities under the charter.
View the BushCare Sunshine Coast guidelines.