Development Advice Services
  • Last updated:
  • 14 Jun 2018

Council offers a range of development advice services; both free and paid, to give feedback about specific development proposals.

The type of service council provides will depend on the nature of the proposal and information provided.

There are a variety of service types:

  • initial advice enquiries
  • specific written advice enquiries
  • prelodgement services, and
  • post planning approval services.

The main benefit of these services are to:

  • provide upfront development advice
  • assist in improving the quality of development applications
  • streamline assessment timeframes and reduce costs.

These services will:

  • identify specific planning, engineering, environmental and landscaping technical issues
  • identify relevant legislative and planning scheme requirements
  • provide specific guidance on supporting information required
  • explaining the assessment processes and clarify timeframes.

For detailed information requirements, refer to the user guide. This will help council to give the best advice. For general enquiries. council advises that a phone call or email is the best place to start.

  • For initial or simple enquiries.
  • Available on business days between 8.30 am - 5.00 pm.
  • No booking is needed
  • Contact council.
  • An email response may be provided to any request.
  • For when face-to-face contact is preferred. Visit the development information counter at 10 First Avenue Maroochydore.
  • Available on business days between 8.30 am - 4.30 pm.
  • No booking is needed.
  • For a formal written response to specific development enquiries.
  • Council offers this service for a small fee. Refer to council's fees and charges.
  • For providing advice on a particular development proposal where detailed plans are submitted. The response may include:
    • details on compliance with the planning scheme provisions
    • details on existing development approvals, and
    • property notes for the site.
  • Council offers this service for a fee. Refer to council's fees and charges.
  • For specific and generally more complex development proposals.
  • Must provide relevant supporting documents i.e. plans before the meeting.
  • A consultant must attend the meeting.
  • For engineering, environmental and landscaping feedback before submitting operational works applications.
  • Must provide preliminary design details, documents and plans with the form.

 To request a service, follow the below steps:

  • determine which service suits your needs best
  • gather all required information, including details about any issues or concept plans/reports
  • lodge your request following the instructions below and pay any applicable fee.

Council will be in contact within five (5) business days of submitting your request.

You can lodge online through MyCouncil (you will need to register to use this service) for:

  • general development advice
  • predesign meeting requests
  • written advice
  • town planning appraisal
  • detailed prelodgement meetings
  • personalised case management, and
  • assessment technical report services.

Alternatively, you can submit the: