Council operates many waste management facilities across the Coast, including recycle markets.
Recycle markets are large second hand shops located Resource Recovery Centres. They are clean and tidy and the prices are low. The markets are operated by local not-for-profit organisations with proceeds from sales going back into local communities.
This image gallery shows examples of items available for purchase.
Recycle market opening times
Syd Lingard Drive
cnr Cooke and Witta Roads
Note: Reduced hours for all Public Holidays 9am–2pm (Caloundra and Buderim).
All recycle markets are closed on Christmas Day, Good Friday, Anzac Day and Labour Day.
Items for sale
- Sporting goods
- Household items
- Garden equipment
- Baby and children’s items
The recycle markets are open to everyone, and are perfect for:
- renters looking for furniture and home-wares at bargain prices
- parents setting up a nursery and looking for reusable cots and highchairs
- anyone thinking of trying a new sport (you will find a range of equipment from sets of golf clubs to cricket pads, fishing rods, surfboards etc.)
- renovators looking for cheap building materials.
Many items are new or hardly used. Some have been restored or repaired in the market workshop and all items given a quick clean before being sold.
- All items must be picked up on the day, so it is worth taking a trailer, roof racks and tie-downs or clearing some boot space just in case.
- Take a friend to help load bulky items like furniture. If you see something you like, one person can stay with the item while you find a sales person to help you.
- To meet workplace health and safety requirements, visitors must wear closed in footwear at all waste and recycling facilities. People wearing sandals or thongs will be refused entry.