- Last updated:
- 19 Jun 2019
Developers, designers and builders will need to:
- consider requirements to accommodate the AWCS in both design and construction
- take appropriate consideration for managing other waste types (i.e. non AWCS wastes) in the Maroochydore City Centre.
- follow the process and standards required by the Prescribed Waste Infrastructure Standards made under the Maroochydore City Centre Infrastructure Agreement 2017. Prescribed waste infrastructure standards (no.3) 2019
The Prescribed Waste Infrastructure Standard stipulates that only an Approved Contractor may design, construct, install, commission, and maintain the private pneumatic waste infrastructure for the Automated Waste Collection System. Approved Contractors are required for a development to proceed through the requisite approval steps at each phase of the development.
Design Engineers can apply to council for appointment as an Approved Contractor (Design). More information about eligibility and how to apply can be found in the application form.
Are you looking for an Approved Contractor (Design) to work on your development? Council keeps a listing of those appointed as Approved Contractors (Design) here - Register of Appointed Approved Contractor (Design)
We are continuing to develop resources for developers, builders and designers. Check back regularly for updates on available resources.
For more information about the AWCS requirements refer to the following documents:
- Maroochydore City Centre AWCS fact sheet
- Preliminary Design Information System Designers
- Preliminary Design Information Building Designers
- Prescribed waste infrastructure standards (no.3) 2019
- WasteTech Chute Advertisement Banner
- WasteTech AWCS Recommendations and Additional Information
- WasteTech Detailed Chute Drawings
- WasteTech Automated Waste Collection System Design and Specification of a twin chute system to comply with Envac Vacuum System Report
- WasteTech Chute Interface to Envac Private AWCS Discharge Valve drawing
- Sample Detailed Design - Lucid Consulting Australia Private AWCS 2 Fraction Design Drawings for Building with AWCS in Basement Design and Outdoor Public Relm Inlets
- Sample Detailed Design – Umow Lai Private AWCS 2 Fraction Design Drawings for Two Story Residential Building with Alternate Chute Supplier (WasteTech)
- Sample Detailed Design – Cardno Private AWCS 2 Fraction Design for Mixed Use Building with no underground carpark
- Application for Approved Contractor (Design)
- Register of Appointed Approved Contractor (Design)