- Last updated:
- 09 Jan 2019
Does your community group have an exciting project idea that you want to get off the ground? If you would like to learn more about what grants are available and how to write a winning grant application, register for one of council’s grants information sessions.
Sessions are free and places are limited.
The next sessions will be held from the 18th - 22nd February 2019. More information on times and locations will be provided shortly.
The 1½ hour sessions cover:
- Planning your project or event
- Identifying the right funding sources for your project
- How to tell your story succinctly
- What is good supporting documentation
- Understanding project budget
There will be opportunities for you to talk directly with our grants officers and get our top ten tips for successful grant writing.
Help with your budget
Important considerations for your budget:
- Your budget must balance (total income must equal total expenditure)
- In-kind or volunteer contributions must be included in both income and expenditure
- Break down your costs as much as possible
Example budgets (Major Grants)
- Community Development category
- Community Events category
- Community Facilities category
- Cultural Development category
- Cultural Heritage category
- Economic Development category
- Sport, Recreation and Healthy Living category
Tips and tricks
Here are some resources to assist you in writing a successful grant application:
- Acknowledging Traditional Owners/Welcome to Country
- Buying local
- Environment sustainability