Projected population and dwelling data helps support evidence based decision making on the Sunshine Coast. Council, the business sector and the community use this information to contribute to the planning and delivery of services to meet the needs of our growing community.
In June 2021, the total population on the Sunshine Coast is projected to be approximately 350,000 people. Over the following twenty years to 2041 it is projected over 160,000 additional people will settle on the coast. These projected figures would see our population reach over 500,000 residents by 2041.
Find out more about the projected population and dwellings on the Sunshine Coast:
- projected population 2016-2041 (PDF, 67KB)
- projected dwellings 2016-2041 (PDF, 344KB)
- total households for the LGA 2016-2041 (PDF, 71KB)
- projected dwelling types 2016-2041 (PDF, 443KB)
- projected household types (PDF, 83KB)
- projected 5 year age groups 2016-2041 (PDF, 120KB).
These figures were last updated on 17 June 2021.
Note: The next update to the projected population and dwelling figures is planned for April 2023 (pending release of Qld figures by the State government in March 2023).
For questions relating to demographic statistics for the Sunshine Coast, please contact us via email outlining your request.