- Last updated:
- 22 Oct 2019
SCC Facebook competitions - Terms and conditions
Kawana Triathlon and Aquathlon - 17 November 2019
- The prize is one complimentary entry into the winner's choice of race, in the Kawana Triathlon and Aquathlon being held on 17 November 2019 at Sportsmans Parade, Kawana Waters.
- Entrants in this Facebook competition are required to nominate which RACE they (or their child aged 7+) would like to participate in:
|Sprint Triathlon 14yrs+||750m||20km||5km|
|Enticer Triathlon 12yrs+||300m||10km||2.5km|
|Kool Kids Triathlon 7-14yrs||100m||2km||500m|
|Sprint Aquathlon 14yrs+||750m||-||5km|
|Enticer Aquathlon 12yrs+||300m||-||2.5km|
|Kids Aquathlon 7-13yrs||100m||-||500m|
- The competition closing date is 9am on 7 November 2019. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- The winner will be drawn by a random draw by 5pm on 7 November 2019. The winner will be notified by Facebook messenger and may be announced on council's Facebook page by Friday 8 November 2019.
- The winner is required to advise an email address and contact number and will be provided a discount code. The winner is then responsible for entering the event via the official online entry process via The Event Crew website by 11 November 2019 for the discount to apply.
- General conditions apply - refer below.
- These competitions are run by the Sunshine Coast Council (otherwise referred to below as council).
- Prizes cannot be taken in cash, in full or part, or be withdrawn as cash, in full or part, at any time.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry to the competition is free. Entrants will be responsible for all costs associated with entering the competition, which may include the costs associated with accessing the internet.
- To be eligible to win a prize, you must comply with these terms and conditions.
- Entrants may enter the competition once, with one post per Facebook account.
- Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Entry into the competition signifies acceptance of all conditions of entry.
- Acceptance of a prize signifies acceptance of the conditions of accepting a prize. Entrants are required to abide by the terms and conditions as presented.
- Competition is not open to council employees and their family members.
- By entering this competition you are consenting to your name being published on council's Facebook page.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Council reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry that is not in accordance with the competition terms and conditions.
- Council accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by Facebook users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with, or utilised in this competition or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the competition or during the period of the competition.
- Council assumes no responsibility for the interruption in any services that may or may not affect the competition.
- Council assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure or delay, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- Council reserves the right to cancel or terminate the competition if, for any reason beyond council's control, the integrity of the competition or its fairness or security is compromised.
- Ticket holders must comply with the venue entry conditions available on the venue's website.
- Each ticket holder acknowledges and agrees that attendance at the venue is at the ticket holder's own risk and that to the maximum extent permitted by law, council is not liable for any loss, damage or harm, including (without limitation) bodily or mental harm, personal property damage or loss, or any other loss and/or harm arising from the ticker holder's attendance at the venue and each ticket holder agrees that the ticket holder will not bring any claim, complaint or proceeding against council in relation to any such loss or damage.
- Council's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Council is not responsible for any additional costs associated with the use of the prize.
- Participating and entering in this promotion is considered a complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.