- Last updated:
- 08 Aug 2022
The 2032 Sunshine Coast Legacy Plan Community Reference Group (CRG) will help shape the region’s legacy plan arising from council being a key delivery partner in the 2032 Games.
The CRG is chaired by two-time Paralympian and USC Public Health Lecturer Dr Bridie Kean.
It has been established to provide advice to council from the perspective of the community about local legacy outcomes and opportunities that should be pursued as part of the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Sunshine Coast Legacy Plan Community Reference Group includes:
- Dr Bridie Kean (Chair)
- Mayor Mark Jamieson and Cr Maria Suarez (Sunshine Coast Council)
- Blake Cochrane (Olympians/Paralympians)
- Chris van der Pol (Environment and Sustainability)
- Stan Garland (Business and Industry)
- Matt Stoeckel (Tourism and Events)
- Michelle Phillips (Community)
- Skye Parker (Arts and Culture)
- Mark Henricks (Sport and Active Recreation)
- Lisa Edwards (People with a Disability)
- Dr Peter English (Education and Research)
- Brian Warner (Kabi Kabi – First Nations representative)
- Zeitha Jalamala Murphy (Jinibara – First Nations representative)
- Emma Josey (Youth)
- Ashley Robinson, Danny Salzke and Peter Saba (Sunshine Coast venue delivery partners).
You can contact this group by email at SCLegacyPlan@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.