Kids in Action is an environmental education program aiming to increase knowledge and change actions. Program outcomes include:
- increasing knowledge and awareness - environmental literacy
- engendering protection and responsibility - environmental stewardship
- making changes in actions - pro-environmental behaviour
- valued learning process - constructivist learning.
The Sunshine Coast Kids in Action program is highly successful. Over 10+ years more than 3,500 students across 117 schools have participated.
You can check out all the fun learning experiences from past Environmental Project Days and Kids Teaching Kids Conference events below.
Kids in Action program 2022
See all the fun we had in 2022 in this video clip.
Kids in Action 2021
See highlights from the 2021 program.
Kids in Action conference 2019
The 2019 Kids in Action Program was formally recognised for its contribution to fostering reconciliation and paving the way for a better future in Queensland by winning (in partnership with Gubbi Gubbi Dance and Jinibara People's Aboriginal Corporation) the Queensland Government Reconciliation Award for Partnership.
- See the highlights from the 2019 Environmental Projects Day
- Check out the 2019 Kids Teaching Kids conference
Kids in Action conference 2018
Kids in Action conference 2017
- See the highlights from the 2017 conference
Kids in Action conference 2016
Kids in Action conference 2015
- See the highlights from the 2015 Conference
- Watch the 2015 Kids in Action conference Youth Environment Vision video
- View images on Facebook
Kids in Action conference 2014
Kids in Action conference 2013
- See the highlights from the 2013 conference
Kids in Action conference 2012
- See the highlights from the 2012 conference
Thank you to the teachers, students and mentors who participate in the Kids in Action Program each year, and congratulations to everyone involved.